The Standard Horizon HX210E features a high capacity (1850mAh) internal Lithium Ion battery, which has allowed for a smaller and more ergonomic case to be built around it.
The case itself is buoyant and waterproof to 1 metre for 30 minutes, and is designed to float face up if dropped overboard. There is also a water-activated strobe light on the cover, allowing the radio – or the person attached to it – to be found at night.
The new model boasts one of the largest screens in its class, delivering a higher resolution display for crisp dot matrix readouts, and a super-bright (yet dimmable) backlit LCD screen. Transmit power can be toggled between 1W, 2.5W and 6W, depending on local requirements.
The transceiver offers all of the main VHF marine channels via the E20 ‘Easy-to- Operate’ menu system, with programmable function keys to customize your most frequent settings.
It also features an accessory jack to allow the use of a range speaker microphones and headsets.
The integral FM radio will receive broadcasts from between 76MHz to 108MHz, making the HX210E a small but versatile companion out on the water.
As with all Standard Horizon floating transceivers, there is a no quibble, no cost three-year waterproofing guarantee, and the unit is supplied with a desktop 3-hour rapid charging cradle.
- Floating and submersible to IPX7 (1 metre/30mins)
- All European and international marine channels
- Selectable 6W, 2.5W and 1W transmit power
- High-resolution backlit dot matrix screen
- Programmable function keys
- E2O Easy to Operate menu system
- High capacity 1850Ah Li Ion battery
- Speaker mic jack
- Built-in WX and FM radio receiver
- Model: HX210E
- Dimensions: 60 x 132 x 40mm (without antenna)
- Weight: 280g
- Frequency ranges: TX: 156.025MHz – 161.600MHz RX: 156.050MHz – 163.275MHz
- Channel spacing: 25kHz
- Emission type: 16KOG3E
- Operating voltage: 7.4VDC
- Current consumption: 330mA (Receive) 100mA (Standby) 1.6A/1.0A/0.7A (6W/2.5W/1W Transmit)
- FM receiver: 65MHz – 108MHz
- FM frequency step: 100kHz
- Sensitivity: 1.0uV for 12dB SINAD
Find out more about the different types of handheld VHF radios and their specific features with our expert’s guide on how to choose the best handheld VHF radio for your needs.