Deckvest VITO is the latest Spinlock inflatable lifejacket harness technology, based on their design work for the Volvo Ocean Race. All teams were equipped with the same inflatable lifejacket harness developed in collaboration with a core group of Volvo offshore sailors. Fundamental to the new design was a lifejacket that crews actually wanted to wear more frequently, with developed custom features.
Available in 175N or 275N and with or without the Harness Release System (HRS)
Harness Release System (HRS)
Spinlock’s Deckvest VITO have the option of a Harness Release System (HRS), a soft loop attachment point for a safety line which can be released in an emergency to free a person from their safety line.
Hammar® Hydrostatic Automatic Inflator
The Hammar® inflation system is activated by water pressure and will not inflate until the cap is approximately 10cm underwater.
This system is designed for use in more extreme conditions and extended offshore sailing. The benefit of the Hammar® system is that the jacket cannot accidentally inflate from being wet with rain and sea spray.
Delayed inflation can be caused if full immersion of the firing head is delayed by buoyant foul weather clothing.
- Striking design finish in durable ripstop fabric
- 170N or 275N buoyancy with Hammar® hydrostatic automatic inflator.
- Structured fit allows easy donning with simple to adjust buckles
- Course and fine tune adjustment. Fit lifejacket to body size.
- Fine tune adjust each time for layers
- Added protection in high impact areas
- New style structured sprayhood to reduce the risk of secondary drowning
- Pylon Lifejacket Light™ – high intensity, water activated flashing LED Light. 23cm flexible antenna wand gives improved visibility above head & water
- Lume-On™ – Lifejacket bladder illumination lights included
- Wider 40mm leg strap with stowage
- Toggle attachment point for optional Chest Pack (DW-PCC – Sold separately)
- Compatible with Ocean Signal MOB1 AIS BEacon (Sold separately)