Lofrans’ X series vertical windlasses are suitable for anchoring sail and motor boats from 18-100ft in length. The X2 Windlass is available in the standard edition with drum as well as a low-profile version. Both have a 1000W motor size with 12V power supply. They come in hot-forged mirror-polished marine bronze.
X series innovation:
- Watertight stainless steel ball bearings in the base mean a maintenance-free top performance functionality.
- Clutch consisting of two conical discs, fitted on to the main shaft by two flat parallel planes, avoids the use of keys and spreading the load on a wider surface.
- Pre-fitted base sensor and a magnet in the Gypsy allows for connection to an optional chain counter system.
- Gypsy designed to manage rope and chain.
- Independent drum rotation from Gypsy for warping operation.
- Manual override, enabling windlass to recover the chain and anchor in the event of an electrical failure. The override
mechanism is within the gearbox, made up by a spring loaded ratchet, with the secondary function of providing a safety mechanism that ensures the deck is not damaged by chain jams.
- Luxury chrome bronze base and drum
- Special watertight stainless steel ball bearing in base
- With drum or low profile
- Independent Gypsy and drum operation
- Rope and chain combination Gypsy
- Manual chain release
- Manual override available
- Rope chain management by spring loaded arm
- Chain counter magnet pre-installed
- IP67 rated heavy duty electric motor
- Anodised marine aluminium gearbox